Ingredients (for 2)
~3 tbsp Olive Oil
~1 tbsp Butter
~3 Shallots, diced
~2 Cloves Garlic, sliced
~200g Oyster Mushrooms
~100g Chestnut Mushrooms
~10g Dried Wild Mushrooms
~1 Glass of White Wine
~750ml good Veg (or chicken) Stock
~200ml Double Cream/Creme Fraiche)
~Handful of chopped chives or parsley
- Pour 250ml of hot water over your dried mushrooms in a bowl and allow to soak for 15 mins. Drain, adding the liquid to your stock, and cut the mushrooms up.
- Heat a heavy saucepan on medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 of butter and fry the mushrooms in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan, removing them and setting aside on a plate when brown at the edges.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan and fry the shallots on a low-medium heat for 6 or 7 minutes until soft, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and boil down for 2 minutes to a glaze, then add 300ml of the stock and boil down again for another 3-4 minutes. Add all the mushrooms back in with the rest of the stock and simmer for 5 or so minutes until they are nice and tender.
- Puree the mixture in a blender, leaving just the odd chunk or two of mushroom intact. Return to pan, add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes before seasoning and sprinkling the chives or chopped parsley in. Enjoy!